Tuesday, 24 May 2011
Ok, so it took me a while to get these rompers finished, and almost as long to get around to blogging about them. It's probably time for me to show off more pictures of my beautiful little girl, even if they are over a month old.
I started these before Amélie was born, and since I didn't know I was having a girl, I went gender-neutral. The fabric was left-overs given to me by mum, the binding was cut from my stash. The pattern was the turtle baby romper from Ottobre 3/2008 which I have made before. There is a girlie version, with puffy sleeves, I might make that version next time. I made four rompers altogether.
My mum kindly loaned me her cover-stitch machine to put the binding on with. It has a binding attachment, but I found it easier to operate without it. I'm thinking if you are going to do a lot of binding (and I mean HEAPS) then it may be worthwhile learning how to use it, but for me it was too fiddly. I think next time I make these, I might stretch the binding a little more around the legs, they do seem pretty loose.
Saturday, 21 May 2011
I was recently lucky enough to pattern test one of Nikki's newest patterns. It's the Glam Purse, and I finished stitching the frame on this purse just in time for Mothers' Day, as a gift for my mum.
It's a little different to the other purses, a little more glamorous. I made it from different materials to what I normally work with, and I am quite happy with the result. I especially like the clever way that Nikki incorporated the pleats into the pattern. I think Mum might have liked the clever way that I incorporated a box of Ferrero Rocher into the purse...